logind + GDbus API
Germano Massullo
2018-10-17 07:50:52 UTC
Good day, I planned to write a tiny software for testing purposes that
will use GDbus API to interact with logind, in order to detect user
idle time.
I am still studying GDbus API, and I am also looking for some very
good example of GDbus API + logind usage, in order to learn best
practices in using both of them.
Do you know any? I actually have not found anything yet that fits my
needs, but there should be some for sure. I have just found this
StackOverflow topic [1]

Thank you for your time

[1]: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37185735/sample-program-for-gdbus-signals
Lennart Poettering
2018-10-17 08:56:46 UTC
Post by Germano Massullo
Good day, I planned to write a tiny software for testing purposes that
will use GDbus API to interact with logind, in order to detect user
idle time.
I am still studying GDbus API, and I am also looking for some very
good example of GDbus API + logind usage, in order to learn best
practices in using both of them.
Do you know any? I actually have not found anything yet that fits my
needs, but there should be some for sure. I have just found this
StackOverflow topic [1]
If you need help with the gdbus API I'd recommend pinging the glib
mailing lists, they are the most likely to help you with that. gdbus
is not directly related to systemd, we can't really help you here.

Hope this makes sense,

Germano Massullo
2018-10-19 20:18:35 UTC
Il giorno mer 17 ott 2018 alle ore 10:56 Lennart Poettering
Post by Lennart Poettering
Post by Germano Massullo
Good day, I planned to write a tiny software for testing purposes that
will use GDbus API to interact with logind, in order to detect user
idle time.
I am still studying GDbus API, and I am also looking for some very
good example of GDbus API + logind usage, in order to learn best
practices in using both of them.
Do you know any? I actually have not found anything yet that fits my
needs, but there should be some for sure. I have just found this
StackOverflow topic [1]
If you need help with the gdbus API I'd recommend pinging the glib
mailing lists, they are the most likely to help you with that. gdbus
is not directly related to systemd, we can't really help you here.
Hope this makes sense,
Yeah no problem!
P.S. GMail putted your reply in the spam, I don't know why...