Enabling Watchdog for Systemd-Journald Service
P.R.Dinesh
2018-01-08 05:20:13 UTC
Is it possible to enable watchdog for Systemd-Journald service. I have
once witnessed a hung situation in systemd-journald (may be due to some
wrong configuration). I prefer to set the watchdog so that it would be
auto recovered whenever it gets hunged.

Regards,
Dinesh
Lennart Poettering
2018-01-08 10:05:29 UTC
Post by P.R.Dinesh
Is it possible to enable watchdog for Systemd-Journald service. I have
once witnessed a hung situation in systemd-journald (may be due to some
wrong configuration). I prefer to set the watchdog so that it would be
auto recovered whenever it gets hunged.
The watchdog has been enabled for systemd-journald.service since
systemd 209.

See commit f9a810bedacf1da7c505c1786a2416d592665926.