[systemd-devel] Implementing networkd d-bus interface
Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
2018-05-09 07:07:21 UTC
Hi systemd developers,
I'm wondering what the state of development is on the d-bus interface
for systemd-networkd. Currently the interface appears to be minimal,
but I've also seen comments that a full featured API is planned. Has
there been any discussion on what that interface might look like? Just
to be clear, what I'm thinking of is a d-bus interface that allows
manipulation of network settings without having to manually edit the
/etc/systemd/network/* config files... not just something that
interrogates the current settings. I'm willing to work on
implementation, but I don't want to strike off in a crazy direction
that fails to be useful to the rest of the community.
Hi,
I already replied in the ticket... so just repeating this briefly for
the sake of archives: there is no plan and the person implementing this
would have to do the design too. Let's continue in the ticket.

Zbyszek