MemoryMax not working with `systemd-run --user` using unified cgroups hierarchy
Piotr Dobrogost
2018-11-23 11:48:53 UTC
I enabled unified hierarchy by passing "systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy"
kernel parameter and `stat -fc %T /sys/fs/cgroup/` reports "cgroups2fs" yet
the memory limit set by `systemd-run --user -p MemoryMax=100M
/usr/bin/krusader` doesn't work as `cat /proc/$(pidof krusader)/status |
grep VmRSS` reports "VmRSS: 225452 kB"

This is follow-up to my original question "MemoryMax not working with
`systemd-run --user` using hybrid cgroups hierarchy" (
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2018-November/041637.html
)

Regards,
Piotr Dobrogost
Lennart Poettering
2018-11-23 15:35:28 UTC
Post by Piotr Dobrogost
I enabled unified hierarchy by passing "systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy"
kernel parameter and `stat -fc %T /sys/fs/cgroup/` reports "cgroups2fs" yet
the memory limit set by `systemd-run --user -p MemoryMax=100M
/usr/bin/krusader` doesn't work as `cat /proc/$(pidof krusader)/status |
grep VmRSS` reports "VmRSS: 225452 kB"
This is follow-up to my original question "MemoryMax not working with
`systemd-run --user` using hybrid cgroups hierarchy" (
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2018-November/041637.html
)
My educated guess is that you are hit by this bug:

To which I just filed a fix:

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/10894