Systemd service taking huge memory
deepan muthusamy
2018-11-08 14:02:47 UTC
If I start my application as system service, it is consuming huge memory.
This leads to my system getting slow down.
If I start manually, it's not consuming that much memory.

What can be the possible reasons?
Lennart Poettering
2018-11-08 14:29:24 UTC
Post by deepan muthusamy
If I start my application as system service, it is consuming huge memory.
This leads to my system getting slow down.
If I start manually, it's not consuming that much memory.
Well, that's probably something to ask the developer of you
application.

But generally, what do you mean by "consuming huge memory"?

Cristian Rodríguez
2018-11-08 18:10:27 UTC
Post by deepan muthusamy
If I start my application as system service, it is consuming huge
memory. This leads to my system getting slow down.
If I start manually, it's not consuming that much memory.
What can be the possible reasons?
Your application has a memory leak on a path that is only excercised
when started as a permanently running application..hard to tell without
a concrete example and memory usage data.. use

#pmap $(pidof yourprogram)
and see if the PSS size keeps growing or what.