Systemd service consuming 100% cpu
deepan muthusamy
2018-11-23 13:03:30 UTC
If I start my application manually, CPU consumption is less than 2%.
If I start same application as system service, CPU consumption is more than
100%.

There is no cout statements in my application.

I tried to start under a *screen* as system service. This time consumption
has reduced little bit.

I already asked this question and I got reply that the problem is not
related to systemd, It is related to the application.

But is there anything I have to add when I start as a service?
Reindl Harald
2018-11-23 14:48:46 UTC
Post by deepan muthusamy
If I start my application manually, CPU consumption is less than 2%.
If I start same application as system service, CPU consumption is more
than 100%.
There is no cout statements in my application.
I tried to start under a */screen/*  as system service. This time
consumption has reduced little bit.
I already asked this question and I got reply that the problem is not
related to systemd, It is related to the application.
But is there anything I have to add when I start as a service?
you need to debug your application with gdb / strace and find out what
happens - there is no generic answer without knowing the root cause