systemd-timedated doesn't return available time zones
Christopher Wong
2018-11-20 12:50:21 UTC
?Hi guys,

We plan to place an abstraction service over systemd-timedated and we would like to retrieve available time zones. The timedatectl retrieves the list of time zones by itself, but why isn't this functionality available in systemd-timedated?

Best Regards,

Christopher Wong
Lennart Poettering
2018-11-20 14:50:49 UTC
Post by Christopher Wong
?Hi guys,
We plan to place an abstraction service over systemd-timedated and
we would like to retrieve available time zones. The timedatectl
retrieves the list of time zones by itself, but why isn't this
functionality available in systemd-timedated?
We could certainly make this available. So far there was no real
reason to, the client could just check /usr/share directly...

That said, if the list grows too large we might run into dbus' message
size limits. But would be happy to review a patch if it works.

Umut Tezduyar Lindskog

2018-11-21 11:10:44 UTC
Post by Umut Tezduyar Lindskog
Thanks. We will prepare a patch.
Given that this is large data make sure this becomes a bus method, not
a property (because otherwise clients will keep requesting it with the
GetAll() properties call and such.