Enter emergency when logind fails?
2018-04-22 06:42:59 UTC
So far systemd enters emergency only when one of filesystems failed to
mount. Right now I'm facing system that fails to start logind and loops
indefinitely. There is really nothing that can be done in this state -
no way to access system and attempt to diagnose it. May be there should
be some limit after which it goes in emergency mode, at least offering
some possibilities to understand what happens.
Lennart Poettering
2018-04-24 14:40:41 UTC
Post by Andrei Borzenkov
So far systemd enters emergency only when one of filesystems failed to
mount. Right now I'm facing system that fails to start logind and loops
indefinitely. There is really nothing that can be done in this state -
no way to access system and attempt to diagnose it. May be there should
be some limit after which it goes in emergency mode, at least offering
some possibilities to understand what happens.
Yeah, makes sense. Maybe some OnFailure= magic should suffice? can you
prep a patch and submit as PR?