No automount on arm64?
Jakobus Schürz
2018-10-13 17:06:15 UTC
Hi!

I have there a Rock64 SoC with Debian stretch. It is an arm64-platform.

Version of systemd is 232-25+deb9u4

And i want a automount-point on /srv/backup, for which i created a
"normal" automount and mount-Unit.

The mount-unit works. But when i try to start the automount-unit, i get
this error-message:

Operation on or unit type of srv-backup.automount not supported on this system.

And i cannot find anything about on my preferred searchmachine...

What happened here? Is ist a problem with systemd? Is it the platform?
Are there some modules missing? Are there missing Compile-options for
the kernel???

Thank you

Jakob
Mantas Mikulėnas
2018-10-13 20:06:22 UTC
Post by Jakobus Schürz
Hi!
I have there a Rock64 SoC with Debian stretch. It is an arm64-platform.
Version of systemd is 232-25+deb9u4
And i want a automount-point on /srv/backup, for which i created a
"normal" automount and mount-Unit.
The mount-unit works. But when i try to start the automount-unit, i get
Operation on or unit type of srv-backup.automount not supported on this system.
And i cannot find anything about on my preferred searchmachine...
What happened here? Is ist a problem with systemd? Is it the platform? Are
there some modules missing? Are there missing Compile-options for the
kernel???
Automount units rely on CONFIG_AUTOFS_FS being available in the kernel.