systemd-tmpfiles duplicate line for path, ignoring
2018-05-10 16:16:48 UTC
I see this in the journal
[/etc/tmpfiles.d/suspendfix.conf:7] Duplicate line for path
"/proc/acpi/wakeup", ignoring.
w /proc/acpi/wakeup - - - - PWRB
w /proc/acpi/wakeup - - - - XHC
They aren't really duplicate lines, as the lines themselves differ.
The paths involved are duplicates. I guess the obvious work around is
to use separate .conf files?
Hmm, we currently don't cover the above nicely.

What is the above actually supposed to do though? Should we really
write the above in two separate open()+write()+close() cycles? or
would it also work if the above is written as two newline separated
lines within one open()+write()+close() cycle? If the latter we
should really beef up tmpfiles to accept the usual C escapes in the
argument parameter so that you could specifiy PWRB\nXHC as argument,
in a single line...

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
2018-05-10 06:10:45 UTC
I see this in the journal
[/etc/tmpfiles.d/suspendfix.conf:7] Duplicate line for path
"/proc/acpi/wakeup", ignoring.
w /proc/acpi/wakeup - - - - PWRB
w /proc/acpi/wakeup - - - - XHC
They aren't really duplicate lines, as the lines themselves differ.
The paths involved are duplicates. I guess the obvious work around is
to use separate .conf files?
No, it'll still warn about duplicate files.
tmpfiles is not smart enough to understand that multiple values can
be meaningfully written to a file. Something to fix on our side.

Zbyszek