Data flow is slow
deepan muthusamy
2018-11-08 13:27:35 UTC
I have two applications. App1 is UI application. App2 is console
application.
Both are communicating through Dbus(session). If I press a button in app1,
aap2 should receive the data immediately.

If I start both of them manually , they are working as expected.

If I start as system service, it is taking around 2 minutes for data to
reach from app1 to app2.

What can be the possible reasons?
Simon McVittie
2018-11-08 14:43:21 UTC
I have two applications. App1 is UI application. App2 is console application.
Both are communicating through Dbus(session).
If I start as system service
System services are not part of any session, so they should not attempt
to use the D-Bus session bus.

smcv
Mantas Mikulėnas
2018-11-08 17:58:10 UTC
Post by deepan muthusamy
I have two applications. App1 is UI application. App2 is console
application.
Both are communicating through Dbus(session). If I press a button in app1,
aap2 should receive the data immediately.
If I start both of them manually , they are working as expected.
If I start as system service, it is taking around 2 minutes for data to
reach from app1 to app2.
What can be the possible reasons?
How did you measure this? Can you provide a test program?
deepan muthusamy
2018-11-09 04:08:25 UTC
I created a session bus as system service. And iam connecting to that
session bus. My requirement is like this, that's why I'm doing this.@ Simon.

There is no test program for this. App2 should return the data to app1 and
Cristian Rodríguez
2018-11-09 12:54:07 UTC
Post by deepan muthusamy
I created a session bus as system service. And iam connecting to that
Well..considering that Simon literally wrote the dbus daemon I will
certainly listen to what he is saying on the matter.. So I will repeat
what he said once again.. system services are not part of a session..
when you "start them manually" your shell is.
Post by deepan muthusamy
There is no test program for this. App2 should return the data to app1
Mantas
I do not know if there is a language barrier or what.. but your posts
are not conductive to give you any help whatsoever.. you provide no hard
data to look at, error messages, what exactly is taking a crapload of
time..
Mantas Mikulėnas
2018-11-09 14:10:57 UTC
Post by deepan muthusamy
Post by deepan muthusamy
I created a session bus as system service. And iam connecting to that
Simon.
Well..considering that Simon literally wrote the dbus daemon I will
certainly listen to what he is saying on the matter.. So I will repeat
what he said once again.. system services are not part of a session..
when you "start them manually" your shell is.
Unless you start them in a specific manner that places them inside the
session. (If I remember earlier threads correctly, and I'm assuming deepan
is still working on the same system as before, then this is some sort of an
embedded system where everything just uses pid1 as the session manager.)