Run fuse in nspawn container?
Johannes Ernst
2018-04-10 20:34:34 UTC
I’m running with

systemd-nspawn —capability=all

but now I also need /dev/fuse and I’m not permitted to create it.

man systemd-nspawn says that "Device nodes may not be created.” which sounds like game over and no Fuse in the container. Is it?

Thanks,

Johannes.
Lennart Poettering
2018-04-18 10:03:57 UTC
Post by Johannes Ernst
I’m running with
systemd-nspawn —capability=all
but now I also need /dev/fuse and I’m not permitted to create it.
man systemd-nspawn says that "Device nodes may not be created.” which sounds like game over and no Fuse in the container. Is it?
Yeah, we don't allow arbitrary device node creation in nspawn
containers by default, as that's not safe. You may use
--bind=/dev/fuse, but ymmv as fuse isn't properly virtualized for
container environments last time I looked.