Timeout for dev-ttyS0.device in Angstrom 2017.06 Yocto-2.3
Ong, Hean Loong
2018-03-13 03:35:30 UTC

I have been faced with intermittent issues with regards to the dev-ttyS0.device timing out upon boot up

That being said I have ensured that my kernel has CONFIG_FHANDLE=y (version 4.9) and I have the udev package installed

But I am still seeing this issue popping form time to time. I have read online that this could be a symptom of there are race conditions happening on the systemd but I have no idea on how to debug this since I cannot get the dmesg and there is no kernel panic

BR

Hean Loong
Internal Global Dial: 2 701 6773
Direct Line: +60 4 636 6773
Lennart Poettering
2018-03-19 15:01:36 UTC
Post by Ong, Hean Loong
Hi,
I have been faced with intermittent issues with regards to the
dev-ttyS0.device timing out upon boot up
Is this on a current systemd and kernel? If not, please upgrade to
something more current before trying to debug this.

When this happens, acquire a debug shell (for example by adding
systemd.debug_shell=1 to the kernel command line), and check if
"udevadm info /dev/ttyS0" shows the device properly probed and with
the "systemd" tag applied.