2018-03-21 18:04:16 UTC
I am seeing few issues related to watchdog in systemd 230 version.
Could you please help me with few queries below ?
1) How do I test hardware watchdog config RunTimeWatchDiogSec and
2) If I enable RunTimeWatchDogSec, should I also run watchdog.service which
runs /usr/sbin/watchdog ?
3) What is the config to put say 2 min timeout for shutdown/reboot ?
ShutDownTimeWatchDogSec does not do that .
4) In console of my device ,when i reboot it, I sometimes , I see â
Uhhuh. NMI receÃ¿ â string message.
What is this indicate ? doe this indicate expiry of hw watchdog timer ?
5) how do I see present setting of hw watchdog timer ?
wdctl is not working
***@bng-evo-ptx5k-c-re0:~# wdctl /dev/watchdog0
wdctl: /dev/watchdog0: watchdog already in use, terminating.
wdctl: cannot open /dev/watchdog0: Device or resource busy
***@bng-evo-ptx5k-c-re0:~# wdctl /dev/watchdog1
wdctl: /dev/watchdog1: watchdog already in use, terminating.
wdctl: cannot open /dev/watchdog1: Device or resource busy
5) reboot-force seem to be overwriting the hardware watchdog timeout value.
I have changed reboot.target to make JobTimeoutSec=5sec
when system boots up i see that hardware watchdog is set to 1 min 4 sec.
but when 'systemctl reboot' timesout , reboot-force is invoked and that is
hardware watchdog timeout value to 4 min.
Is this a bug or I am missing some config?
Note that i have not set ShutdownWatchdogSec= in /etc/systemd/system.conf
$ grep -i hardware /var/tmp/j12_systemctl_reboot_jobtimeout5sec_1
Mar 18 23:42:11 re1 systemd: Hardware watchdog 'iTCO_wdt', version 0
Mar 18 23:42:11 re1 systemd: Set hardware watchdog to 1min 4s.
Mar 18 23:42:32 re1 systemd: Set hardware watchdog to 4min.
6) RuntimeWatchdogSec does not seem to work.
I have set it to 90 sec, but i see my system getting rebooted due to
hardware watchdog getting triggered as I see in my console 'NMI received'
This will not happen if i have only watchdog.service
(running /usr/sbin/watchdog ) and not set *RuntimeWatchdogSec* .
this observation indicates that *RuntimeWatchdogSec* does not seem to do
what it is supposed to do.
7) hw watchdg time out seems to be be non-configurable and always
hardcoded to 1min 4 sec.
neither *RuntimeWatchdogSec* nor ShutDownTimeWatchDogSec setting are
having effect on hw wd timeout.
i see hw watchdog NMI at reboot after 1min4sec of reboot command even if
ShutDownTimeWatchDogSec is configured to 10 min
is this a systemd bug ?