Steps to install libsystemd
Iulian Jicmon
2018-04-24 11:20:00 UTC
Hi

I want to install libsystem-dev on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, 32 bit, but I
don't know how to do it. Far as I know this library is not anymore in
Ubuntu 14. Can anyone show the right steps how to do it?
This is for my degree thesis and I have only 3 weeks left. Without this
nothing work on my settings.
I want to configure PCSC, and everything is fine until the end when I get
configuration end when this message appear:

configure: error: install libsystemd-dev or use --disable-libsystemd

I have attached a picture to this message.
If somebody can help me to show me all the steps that I have to do, I will
be delighted.

Thank you
Iulian
Mantas Mikulėnas
2018-04-24 11:27:09 UTC
On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 2:20 PM, Iulian Jicmon <***@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want to install libsystem-dev on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, 32 bit, but I
> don't know how to do it. Far as I know this library is not anymore in
> Ubuntu 14. Can anyone show the right steps how to do it?
> This is for my degree thesis and I have only 3 weeks left. Without this
> nothing work on my settings.
> I want to configure PCSC, and everything is fine until the end when I get
> configuration end when this message appear:
>
> configure: error: install libsystemd-dev or use --disable-libsystemd

As the error message already says, the use of libsystemd in PCSC is
optional and you can disable it using the mentioned configure parameter.

2018-04-24 11:51:35 UTC
On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 2:48 PM, Iulian Jicmon <***@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> When I use this command: ~/Desktop/Project/PCSC$ ./configure
> --disable-libsystemd
>
> I get this error: configure: error: install libudev-dev or use
> --disable-libudev
>
> And when I disable libudev I get the same error as the first time.
>
> ~/Desktop/Project/PCSC$ ./configure --disable-libudev
>
> configure: error: install libsystemd-dev or use --disable-libsystemd

Then install libudev-dev. It *is* available on Ubuntu 14.04.

Note that ./configure options are not persistent: if you wanted to disable
both features, you would have to specify both options in the same
invocation.

(But disabling both wouldn't be a good idea for PCSC.)