spurious suspend wakeup
Add Reply
Michał Zegan
2017-05-31 09:21:30 UTC
Hello.

My laptop does spuriously wake up from suspend.
Can systemd be involved in this? I do not know any timer set to use a
wake alarm, but I may be wrong. I usually suspend by closing a lid, and
logind reports lid opened after wake up, but I do not know if it is just
because lid was closed before, or because it is really open. If that is
not a systemd problem, then how to check wakeup reason?
Lennart Poettering
2017-05-31 11:02:27 UTC
Post by Michał Zegan
Hello.
My laptop does spuriously wake up from suspend.
Can systemd be involved in this? I do not know any timer set to use a
wake alarm, but I may be wrong. I usually suspend by closing a lid, and
logind reports lid opened after wake up, but I do not know if it is just
because lid was closed before, or because it is really open. If that is
not a systemd problem, then how to check wakeup reason?
All timers systemd manages are shown in "systemctl list-timers". Use
"systemctl cat" to see if they are configured to resume the system,
look for WakeSystem=.

How to debug the cause for a wakeup is probably sopmething to ask the
PM folks about.