How to attach a .socket file to all the network namespaces
Add Reply
Badrish Adiga H R
2017-01-30 15:03:23 UTC

I want to use socket activated ssh daemon. However currently this is
working file only for default namespace.

I just want to make systemd to listen on a tcp port number(22 for ssh)
on all the namespaces and to launch ***@.service on the corresponding
namespace. Can you help me in this regard, if there is already a
solution to this?

regards,
Badrish
Badrish Adiga H R
2017-01-30 15:13:00 UTC
Fixing typos..

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 8:33 PM, Badrish Adiga H R
Post by Badrish Adiga H R
Hi,
I want to use socket activated ssh daemon. However currently this is
working fine only for default namespace.
I just want to make systemd to listen on a tcp port number(22 for ssh)
namespace on which ssh request was received. Can you help me in this regard, if there is already a
solution to this?
regards,
Badrish
Lennart Poettering
2017-02-06 19:09:24 UTC
Post by Badrish Adiga H R
Hi,
I want to use socket activated ssh daemon. However currently this is
working file only for default namespace.
I just want to make systemd to listen on a tcp port number(22 for ssh)
namespace. Can you help me in this regard, if there is already a
solution to this?
This is currently not supported. However, adding this would be OK I
figure. This would require two changes however:

a) add NetworkNamespace= or so as a new service unit file setting that
takes a a path to a namespace handle file.

b) teach .socket units namespace support, honouring JoinsNamespaceOf=
as well as as supporting NetworkNamespace directly.

It's not trivial to add that, but patches would be welcome.