How to disable systemd multiseat feature?
Farhad Mohammadi Majd
2017-11-14 04:26:29 UTC
Thanks for answer Mr. Lennart, I thought GDM is always active due to
systemd, because in Wikipedia it is written in GNOME article that:

"Since GNOME 3.2 multiseat support has been only available on systems
using systemd."

so I thought it is related to systemd, I don't want disable graphical
login, I just want when someone do login with GDM, it (GDM) becomes
idle.
Floris
2017-11-14 07:59:27 UTC
Op Tue, 14 Nov 2017 05:26:29 +0100 schreef Farhad Mohammadi Majd
Post by Farhad Mohammadi Majd
Thanks for answer Mr. Lennart, I thought GDM is always active due to
"Since GNOME 3.2 multiseat support has been only available on systems
using systemd."
so I thought it is related to systemd, I don't want disable graphical
login, I just want when someone do login with GDM, it (GDM) becomes
idle.
I think* GDM is still active, because of fast-user-switching. Linux is a
multi-user OS and so it is possible to work with different users
simultaneous on the same machine. GDM just wait till an other user login,
which in your case will never happen.

Maybe you can disable the fast-user-switch feature? But I'm not sure if
this stops GDM from running.

Floris

*) Correct me if I'm wrong
Reindl Harald
2017-11-14 09:55:23 UTC
Post by Farhad Mohammadi Majd
Thanks for answer Mr. Lennart, I thought GDM is always active due to
"Since GNOME 3.2 multiseat support has been only available on systems
using systemd."
so I thought it is related to systemd
yes gnome is using logind - your understanding of cause and effect is
inverted