[systemd-devel] How to disable systemd snapshot
Rock Lee
2017-04-13 07:24:46 UTC
Hi, there:
From the security concern, I need to disable systemd snapshot. I
searched Google, but found nothing. Can anybody give me a hint?
--
Cheers,
Rock
Mantas Mikulėnas
2017-04-13 07:37:31 UTC
If you're referring to the `systemctl snapshot` feature which remembers
currently active services – it was removed several releases ago, and before
that it was only usable by root.

Systemd does not have any other "snapshotting" features (as far as I can
remember), except maybe some distro-specific btrfs services.
From the security concern, I need to disable systemd snapshot. I
Sent from my phone
Rock Lee
2017-04-13 07:47:47 UTC
Post by Mantas Mikulėnas
If you're referring to the `systemctl snapshot` feature which remembers
currently active services – it was removed several releases ago, and before
that it was only usable by root.
Systemd does not have any other "snapshotting" features (as far as I can
remember), except maybe some distro-specific btrfs services.
Indeed, there is no "systemctl snapshot" in the recent sytemd source
code. I am using yocto which with systemd 216, that's quite old. Do
you know why "systemctl snapshot" was removed?
--
Cheers,
Rock
Mantas Mikulėnas
2017-04-13 07:48:27 UTC
It wasn't very useful.
Post by Mantas Mikulėnas
that it was only usable by root.
Systemd does not have any other "snapshotting" features (as far as I can
remember), except maybe some distro-specific btrfs services.
Indeed, there is no "systemctl snapshot" in the recent sytemd source
code. I am using yocto which with systemd 216, that's quite old. Do
you know why "systemctl snapshot" was removed?
--
Cheers,
Rock
--