[systemd-devel] Plan for DHCP Option 119?
Daniel Wang
2017-04-25 18:28:37 UTC
Hi all,

First of all this is my first email to this list so apologies if it's not
worded perfectly.

I am wondering if there's any plan to support Domain Search List option in
networkd. Some cloud providers like GCE, advertise multiple search domains
through option 119 and they just get ignored in today's networkd.

The bug https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/2710 doesn't seem to get
any attention. What's the complexities behind it? Does anyone on this list
have any reference implementation?
--
Best,
Daniel
Lennart Poettering
2017-04-29 11:36:26 UTC
Post by Daniel Wang
Hi all,
First of all this is my first email to this list so apologies if it's not
worded perfectly.
I am wondering if there's any plan to support Domain Search List option in
networkd. Some cloud providers like GCE, advertise multiple search domains
through option 119 and they just get ignored in today's networkd.
The bug https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/2710 doesn't seem to get
any attention. What's the complexities behind it? Does anyone on this list
have any reference implementation?
If you want this functionality to be added soon, please provide a
patch, that's usually the best way!

Other than that, we all have a lot to do, and it will only get done if
someone finds the time to.

Lennart
Lennart Poettering, Red Hat
Daniel Wang