Automatically stop a service when a dependent service exits
Jakob Schöttl
2018-02-15 09:06:07 UTC

can I ask a configuration question here?

I have an upload.service, started by an upload.timer. The upload.service
has a Require=ssh-tunnel.service (After= is also set). When the
upload.service is finished how can I make systemd to also stop the
ssh-tunnel.service?

Currently I use systemctl stop ssh-tunnel.service in the upload script.
But since the upload.service has User=<non-root>, I also have to
configure sudo to allow my script to stop the service.

Is there already a systemd solution for this problem?

- Jakob
Jérémy Rosen
2018-02-15 11:02:45 UTC
StopWhenUnneeded in man:systemd.unit is probably what you want...

On 15/02/2018 10:06, Jakob Schöttl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can I ask a configuration question here?
>
> I have an upload.service, started by an upload.timer. The upload.service
> has a Require=ssh-tunnel.service (After= is also set). When the
> upload.service is finished how can I make systemd to also stop the
> ssh-tunnel.service?
>
> Currently I use systemctl stop ssh-tunnel.service in the upload script.
> But since the upload.service has User=<non-root>, I also have to
> configure sudo to allow my script to stop the service.
>
> Is there already a systemd solution for this problem?
>
> - Jakob

SMILE <http://www.smile.eu/>

20 rue des Jardins
92600 AsniÚres-sur-Seine

*Jérémy ROSEN*
Architecte technique
Responsable de l'expertise Smile-ECS

email ***@smile.fr <mailto:***@smile.fr>
phone +33141402967
url http://www.smile.eu

Twitter <https://twitter.com/GroupeSmile> Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/smileopensource> LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/smile> Github
<https://github.com/Smile-SA>

Découvrez l’univers Smile, rendez-vous sur smile.eu
<http://smile.eu/?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=signature>

eco Pour la planÚte, n'imprimez ce mail que si c'est nécessaire
Jakob Schöttl
2018-02-15 12:23:25 UTC
That's it. Great, Thank you!