sd_bus_add_filter usage
Add Reply
Pawel Szewczyk
2017-06-07 12:01:03 UTC
Hello,

What is the purpose of sd_bus_add_filter() function? There is no
documentation for it and all I can tell from looking over the code is
that the callback registered by it is called on every dbus message. What
else does it do?

Regards,
Paweł Szewczyk
Lennart Poettering
2017-06-07 12:08:40 UTC
Post by Pawel Szewczyk
Hello,
What is the purpose of sd_bus_add_filter() function? There is no
documentation for it and all I can tell from looking over the code is that
the callback registered by it is called on every dbus message. What else
does it do?
Nothing. It may be used to install a callback that is called early for
each incoming message and may be used to filter them (i.e. drop them
or permit them) or otherwise process them. They do not install any match,
and hence only get what other matches have already selected.