systemd-networkd meet the error of "No such file or directory"
Add Reply
Zhou, Luwei
2017-02-14 07:50:31 UTC

I am not sure this the place where I can post my problems. Sorry for broadcasting to the mailist.
I am systemd 2.25 version on yocto linux. I meet a problem when try to enable systemd-networkd.service. It seems I have followed the rule of system-networkd.service but cannot find the file.

I have added the 25-wired.network to try to enable networking interface under /etc/systemd/network . There are another 3 files under the folder of /lib/systemd/network by default in the image.
I have listed the file details below. Can anyone give me some suggestions what I have missed or command to debug. Thanks!

/etc/systemd/network# cat ./25-wired.network
[Match]
Name=enp1s0

[Network]
DHCP=ipv4

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

***@intel-corei7-64:/etc/systemd/network# systemctl enable systemd-networkd.service
Failed to execute operation: No such file or directory
***@intel-corei7-64:/etc/systemd/network# systemctl status -l systemd-networkd.service
? systemd-networkd.service
Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
Active: inactive (dead)

***@intel-corei7-64:/etc/systemd/network#
***@intel-corei7-64:/lib/systemd/network# cat ./99-default.link
[Link]
NamePolicy=kernel database onboard slot path
MACAddressPolicy=persistent
***@intel-corei7-64:/lib/systemd/network# cat ./80-container-ve.network

[Match]
Name=ve-*
Driver=veth

[Network]
# Default to using a /28 prefix, giving up to 13 addresses per container.
Address=0.0.0.0/28
LinkLocalAddressing=yes
DHCPServer=yes
IPMasquerade=yes
***@intel-corei7-64:/lib/systemd/network# cat ./80-container-host0.network

[Match]
Virtualization=container
Name=host0

[Network]
DHCP=yes
LinkLocalAddressing=yes
Lennart Poettering
2017-02-14 10:58:44 UTC
Post by Zhou, Luwei
Hi,
[...]
The above suggests you don't actually have networkd installed. Please
contact your distro for help, how to install it on your distribution.

Zhou, Luwei
2017-02-15 00:47:06 UTC
Hi Lennart,

Thanks for the reply. Is there any command to check whether networkd has been installed in my image. I can find the systemd-nspawn and many system-* in my image. Is the networkd part of systemd package? Sorry, I am new to system.

Thanks

2017-02-15 09:10:01 UTC
Post by Zhou, Luwei
Hi Lennart,
Thanks for the reply. Is there any command to check whether networkd has been installed in my image. I can find the systemd-nspawn and many system-* in my image. Is the networkd part of systemd package? Sorry, I am new to system.
since we even don't know your distribution (frankly even not if it's rpm
or deb based) and how systemd is packaged there "Please contact your
distro for help, how to install it on your distribution" was the way to go
Lennart Poettering
2017-02-15 09:16:47 UTC
Post by Zhou, Luwei
Hi Lennart,
Thanks for the reply. Is there any command to check whether networkd
has been installed in my image. I can find the systemd-nspawn and
many system-* in my image. Is the networkd part of systemd package?
Sorry, I am new to system.
Please contact your distribution community for help. systemd is not
involved in package management, that's a distribution-specific choice.

Sorry, but we can't help you on this one,