systemctl is-active
Michał Zegan
2018-01-15 23:17:52 UTC
Hello.
When systemctl is-active was added?
I need this to check if I can safely use it to check if unit is active
if I don't have prior knowledge about the systemd version I am running
this on, this is for an ansible playbook.
v***@pengaru.com
2018-01-15 23:35:47 UTC
Post by Michał Zegan
Hello.
When systemctl is-active was added?
I need this to check if I can safely use it to check if unit is active
if I don't have prior knowledge about the systemd version I am running
this on, this is for an ansible playbook.
It appears "is-active" was added to systemctl as part of:

commit ee5762e3780c048b230e8c1e7659e40fc1f443bf
Author: Lennart Poettering <***@poettering.net>
Date: Sat Jul 24 00:53:33 2010 +0200

systemctl: fold systemd-install into systemctl

The earliest tagged release this commit made it into according to
`git tag --contains ee5762e378` is v4.

Regards,
Vito Caputo