How can I study systemd?
www
2018-05-06 06:44:56 UTC
Dear,

I want to study the system, but I don¡¯t know how to begin it. Who can give me some advices to study sytemd?

I searched the info on the Internet and found that there was very little information about sytemd. I didn't know how to start learning systemd. Even in the github of systemd, can not get more info.

I want to know that how does systemd replace init to start the whole system?
How can I know the starting point of systemd code?
How can I porting the systemd to the embedded linux?
How can get the help info about the systemd code?
thanks,
Byron
Matthew Hannigan
2018-05-06 07:25:12 UTC
Try
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/
and all the articles at Lennart's blog
http://0pointer.net/blog/
Matt

Matthew Hannigan
2018-05-06 07:26:42 UTC
In particular: "Rethinking pid 1"
http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/systemd.html

2018-05-06 17:55:21 UTC
On So, 06.05.18 14:44, www (***@163.com) wrote:

> Dear,
>
> I want to study the system, but I don’t know how to begin it. Who can give me some advices to study sytemd?
>
> I searched the info on the Internet and found that there was very
> little information about sytemd. I didn't know how to start learning
> systemd. Even in the github of systemd, can not get more info.

On UNIX, a good place to start is generally the man pages, even though
they are primarily a reference, not so much an introduction:

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.html#

> How can I porting the systemd to the embedded linux?

Many embedded Linux distros already contain support for systemd, it's
probably best to ask those distros for details.

Matthew Hannigan
2018-05-06 23:22:23 UTC
>> How can I porting the systemd to the embedded linux?
> Many embedded Linux distros already contain support for systemd, it's
probably best to ask those distros for details.

There is this. Three years old but it may be useful:

https://github.com/jdub/openwrt-systemd