How can I study systemd?
Add Reply
www
2018-05-06 06:44:56 UTC
Dear,

I want to study the system, but I don¡¯t know how to begin it. Who can give me some advices to study sytemd?

I searched the info on the Internet and found that there was very little information about sytemd. I didn't know how to start learning systemd. Even in the github of systemd, can not get more info.

I want to know that how does systemd replace init to start the whole system?
How can I know the starting point of systemd code?
How can I porting the systemd to the embedded linux?
How can get the help info about the systemd code?
thanks,
Byron
Matthew Hannigan
2018-05-06 07:25:12 UTC
Try
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/
and all the articles at Lennart's blog
http://0pointer.net/blog/
Matt
Dear,
I want to study the system, but I don’t know how to begin it. Who can give
me some advices to study sytemd?
I searched the info on the Internet and found that there was very little
information about sytemd. I didn't know how to start learning systemd. Even
in the github of systemd, can not get more info.
1. I want to know that how does systemd replace init to start the
whole system?
2. How can I know the starting point of systemd code?
3. How can I porting the systemd to the embedded linux?
4. How can get the help info about the systemd code?
thanks,
Byron
Matthew Hannigan
2018-05-06 17:55:21 UTC
Dear,
I want to study the system, but I don’t know how to begin it. Who can give me some advices to study sytemd?
I searched the info on the Internet and found that there was very
little information about sytemd. I didn't know how to start learning
systemd. Even in the github of systemd, can not get more info.
On UNIX, a good place to start is generally the man pages, even though
they are primarily a reference, not so much an introduction:

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.html#
How can I porting the systemd to the embedded linux?
Many embedded Linux distros already contain support for systemd, it's
probably best to ask those distros for details.

Matthew Hannigan
2018-05-06 23:22:23 UTC
Post by www
How can I porting the systemd to the embedded linux?
Many embedded Linux distros already contain support for systemd, it's
probably best to ask those distros for details.

There is this. Three years old but it may be useful:

https://github.com/jdub/openwrt-systemd