[systemd-devel] date ranges with systemd-journal-gatewayd
Jameson Graef Rollins
2018-01-11 00:46:08 UTC
Hello. Is it possible to specify date ranges with
systemd-journal-gatewayd (i.e. equivalent of --since= and --until= in
journalctl)? I see there is a "Range:" header option that allows
restricting entries by "cursor", but I can't figure out how to translate
dates into that interface.

What about the possibility of adding something like a
"date=<since>:<until>" option to the Range: header that would allow
restricting entries by date?

Thanks so much.

jamie.
Jameson Graef Rollins
2018-01-11 03:03:06 UTC
Hello, I'm having another systemd-journal-gatewayd issue...

I'm finding that journal-gatewayd is not returning all logs that are
actually available in the journal to users with appropriate privileges.

In particular, I have a service whose managed ExecStart program is
writing to stdout and stderr, all of which are captured by journald.
Using journalctl I can see all the process output in the logs. However,
none of this output is available via journal-gatewayd.

Why are these logs being filtered by journal-gatewayd? How can I force
it to not filter any logs from the journal?

Thanks for the help.

jamie.
Lennart Poettering
2018-01-24 10:54:04 UTC
Lennart Poettering
2018-01-24 10:51:11 UTC
Post by Jameson Graef Rollins
Hello. Is it possible to specify date ranges with
systemd-journal-gatewayd (i.e. equivalent of --since= and --until= in
journalctl)? I see there is a "Range:" header option that allows
restricting entries by "cursor", but I can't figure out how to translate
dates into that interface.
Cursors won't help you to filter by date.

Filtering by date is not available currently in
systemd-journal-gatewayd. But adding this does make sense. Please file
a github RFE issue about this. Or even better, post a github PR that
adds this!

Lennart
Lennart Poettering, Red Hat
Jameson Graef Rollins
2018-01-24 16:36:59 UTC
Post by Lennart Poettering
Post by Jameson Graef Rollins
Hello. Is it possible to specify date ranges with
systemd-journal-gatewayd (i.e. equivalent of --since= and --until= in
journalctl)? I see there is a "Range:" header option that allows
restricting entries by "cursor", but I can't figure out how to translate
dates into that interface.
Cursors won't help you to filter by date.
Filtering by date is not available currently in
systemd-journal-gatewayd. But adding this does make sense. Please file
a github RFE issue about this. Or even better, post a github PR that
adds this!
Thanks for the response, Lennart. I actually see now that an RFE has
already been submitted:

I'll look into making a patch.

jamie.