Does systemd-tmpfiles create hard links?
林自均
2018-04-30 10:47:42 UTC
Hi folks,

According to tmpfiles.d(5), the type "L" creates symbolic links. But I
can't find any type to create hard links. Did I miss anything? Thanks!

John Lin
Lennart Poettering
2018-04-30 11:40:57 UTC
On Mo, 30.04.18 10:47, 林自均 (***@gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> According to tmpfiles.d(5), the type "L" creates symbolic links. But I
> can't find any type to create hard links. Did I miss anything? Thanks!

It does not. So far nobody requested it and a usecase wasn't obvious
to us. I see no reason not to add that though. Hence, if you need
this, then please file an RFE issue for it on github, or even better
provide a patch!

林自均
2018-04-30 13:57:04 UTC
Hi Lennart,